"As a film maker/storyteller, all I want to do is stimulate thought and discussion in an entertaining way."
Michael Love has dedicated his professional life to the craft of storytelling using film and video. The last fifteen years have found him either on location, on a sound stage or in postproduction houses. He has told stories from every angle of the industry: as a writer, a director, a producer, a director of photography, an editor, and film technician. He's worked with film and within the world of digital filmmaking and created works that utilize the best of both mediums.
He's entertained through short films, commercials, music videos, and television Animation. His diversity of experience behind the camera has honed his ability to create distinctive, vibrant, and often fast paced projects within all realms of the film and television industry. He's as comfortable racing to meet a film fest deadline, as he is prepping a no budget music video. His sheer knowledge of the process from start to finish is priceless and unique in an industry becoming more and more compartmentalized.
Michael Love is a director in every sense of the word.
A few numbers to consider
- Written, directed, produced 8 short films, 10 music videos, 9 commercials
- Directed 43 TV half hours in animation/ North American broadcast and international video market
- His first short film The F Word made while attending the Vancouver film School 1991 won best student production at the Montreal short film fest and his first 35mm short film Hitching Home won honorable mentions at the NY International film fest
- Grant recipient - created short film Along for the Ride - Crazy8's & Director's Guild of BC
- "KickStart" winner with short film XES Diner - Telefilm Canada and Directors Guild of BC
- Top ten winner for Shaftebury Beer Commercial contest (130 entries in total)
- Top ten winner for "Reel Fast 48hour Film Festival" Vancouver, BC (53 entries)
- Winner of three video factor grants for music video productions